Sunday, May 1, 2011

HW 49

My comments

Brandon- I noticed that everyone has accepted death and they know its apart of life. Throughout my interviews no one mentioned suicide maybe because its a taboo but your cousin seems to have a very open mind when it comes to death.

Bryanna- This interviewed seemed short and sweet , is it because speaking about death with them was odd? Or is it because they just never thought about it. How did you feel about asking your mother and your sister how they wanted theyre funeral to be? It's kind of a way for you to know how to deal with them when they pass. Was that hard for you to come to terms with?

Kristen- I like how you started to explore this history of being "haunted" or "haunting" and compared your mother and fatheres traditions. The traditions were more family based than religion based which is an example of the social dominat practices. I also thought it was interesting that your father already has his place to be burried picked out. Do you find that odd or is that normal to you ?

Peer's comments

Bryanna-
I think that you found something in this book that I did not see or even thought about. Which know that I think abouty it I think it does "explores the alternative to the dominant social pratice of a funeral and how they prep the body". But I think is that you can give more of what the book is about in more words.
Bryanna-
Hey ally,
I like how you posted it up to show that it is something you really talked to your friends about. I think that the comments that they made showed that some of them know how they feel about death and other don't really know how to feel. And I think that the questions that you asked are some questions that had me thinking as I was reading your blog. Good job keep it up

No comments:

Post a Comment